Pages


10.31.2008

Boo! ........................ (did I scare you?)

Happy Halloween!

You know, I don't remember liking Halloween this much as a kid. I mean, I liked it and all, but I don't remember REALLY liking it. 

And it's not just because of the candy, although I love that we bought candy three weeks ago, you know--for the TRICK OR TREATERS--and then had to buy more two weeks ago, and then again last week, and finally last night (but I'm pretty sure these last few bags will last long enough to actually make it to the trick or treaters).

I really love dressing up. I love coming up with the idea and putting it all together. Each year, my costumes have gotten more and more complicated. This year's even involved papier-mache. Yes, PAPIER-MACHE. Do you know what that means? Next year I'm going to have to actually sew. And eventually, there's going to be welding involved.

Actually, what I think I love the most is the costume contest at work. I love the positive reinforcement that comes with winning. Competition makes me a little obsessive that way. And my costume-contest-nemesis, the guy who has won the past three contests, transferred to our other office, so he was finally out of the competition. Thus, I sensed an opportunity. I went a little crazy. Hence, the papier-mache. I didn't even get started until Monday, so my evenings this week have been consumed by costume-making. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one to sense the opportunity. A lot of people went all out to try to claim Bob's spot at the top. I was a little worried. 

But guess what! I won! I'm told it was close--12 votes for me, 11 votes for the runner-up. I won a $50 Target gift card. I'm so going shopping!

And so, without further ado, here is my amazing, first-place costume. Behold.....


ALIEN ABDUCTEE

Happy Halloween!

No comments: