Pages


12.05.2008

Random Friday

Here are some random thoughts and stories for the day: 
Troy is going to see "My Name Is Bruce" at the Lagoon Theatre tonight. He's very excited. After the movie, Bruce Campbell himself will be there to answer questions.
  • That means Kyle and I will be on our own tonight. I plan to take him shopping in search of new boots (last year's boots are too small) and a new lamp for the living room (ours literally crumbled last week).
  • If you haven't already, go Elf Yourself. Seriously. This is too hilarious. I can't stop laughing.
  • I think from now on I'm going to eat nothing but chai tea and dark chocolate. And egg nog. Man, I loves me the eggnog.
  • It's been harder and harder to get Kyle to wake up in the morning. The other day, he whined, "But the sun is not coming up yet!" And I was all, I know, Bud! It's crazy that we have to get up in the dark. Let's just cancel the morning and go back to bed. But I made him get up anyway.
  • When it snowed the other day, Kyle was so excited. He looked out the window and told me there were five snows. Apparently, he thinks five is a really ginormous number.
  • I took Kyle to get a haircut all by myself Wednesday night. And guess what! He didn't cry at all! He sat in the chair all by himself and even let the lady put a cape over him. Now if only we could find a way to get him to sit still. The hairdresser and I tried to get him to pretend to be a statue. "Like Hermann the German!" I said. "But I don't have a sword," he protested. So the hairdresser got out a comb and had him hold it up in the air. It worked for about 30 seconds, which I think is a record.
  • When Kyle met Santa last week and Santa asked what Kyle would like for Christmas, Kyle just answered, "presents." How sweet is that, in a consumerist sort of way?
  • The scrolly wheel button thingy on my mouse is not letting me scroll up today. Do you realize how frustrating that is? It's done this to me before, but then it miraculously started working again.
OK, that's about it for now. Besides, I've successfully burned the last 15 minutes of the day, and it's time to go pick up Kyle. Have a good weekend!

No comments: