Pages


4.10.2016

And Then a Bunch MORE Stuff Happened...

I am certain that nobody reads this blog anymore. Can't blame 'em. I haven't even checked in on it for a few years. Still, I feel like before I jump back in (again), I should somehow account for all the missing time (again). There's no way to cover everything. Here are a few highlights (and one really big lowlight, I suppose)....
  • I got a new job. I am now a paraprofessional at the middle school, the same school where Troy teaches. I am surrounded by 8th graders on a daily basis, so some of my sanity may be slipping.
  • Kyle is 11 and in the 5th grade. Next year, he'll be at the same aforementioned middle school.
  • Eliza started kindergarten. She loves school and is learning very quickly.
    Clara
    Zora
  • We currently have three cats, but not the same three cats we had last time I wrote. There's Zora, who really is my mom's cat but came to live with us when Mom got sick. Then there's Darwin, a black and white tuxedo cat. And finally, we've got Clara, our youngest cat, still close enough to kittenhood to be completely crazy.
Clara and Darwin

  • We took some trips to Vegas and Disney.
  • We bought a new van.
  • My mom got really sick. She died two days ago. Friday, April 8, 2016, at 8:30 in the morning. That's why I'm resurrecting this blog. I need someplace to process my feelings and share all the wonderful memories I have. I'll write more about all of this soon.

Don't worry. I don't want this place to be a total Debbie Downer place. My other reason for writing here again is to give a depository for all the new memories I am making with my family. I've enjoyed going through all my old posts and being reminded of things I had forgotten. I regret that I haven't chronicled Eliza's exploits in the same ways I did Kyle's. Now is the time to start making up for that.

The perfectionist in me needs to make this disclaimer: the posts that follow may or may not be coherent or polished. They may be random observations and off-topic ramblings. I have to give myself permission to just write without worrying whether it is perfect. You understand, right?

No comments: